The CROWNability program, launched in 2014, was designed to ensure that people with a disability are given the opportunity to gain employment at Crown and build their own pathway to independence.
Over the last two years Crown’s workforce has been enhanced by the skills of more than 166 people who have taken up roles with the assistance of the CROWNability program. Crown understands that while job placements are important, retaining and developing employees is critical to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Crown’s Australian resorts are currently achieving a 67.4% retention rate of employees placed through the CROWNability program. There are five important elements of our CROWNability program:
- Providers – disability employment service providers working in partnership with Crown to refer potential talent.
- Pre-employment – working together with disability employment providers to prepare candidates for the job application and recruitment process and ensuring job readiness.
- Recruitment – working internally with the Crown recruitment team to provide a comfortable environment and experience for the candidates.
- Post-placement support - providing ongoing support and contact with new employees and providing mentoring opportunities.
- Community - working with our community to increase awareness to promote and provide additional support for CROWNability.