1. It is a legal requirement that a candidate must be at least 18 years of age to obtain employment at Crown Melbourne (however, some exemptions exist for apprentices).
2. As a candidate, you will also be required to present 100 points of valid and current identification to verify your identity and current place of residence.
3. In addition to supplying the necessary identification, (where relevant) a candidate will need to provide evidence that they have a legal entitlement to work in Australia.
4. In accordance with Crown's obligations under the Casino Control Act, candidates are:
- Required to undertake and return a satisfactory probity result (police check). A National Criminal History Record Check will need to be completed by all staff. Some positions may also require you to complete a Police Information Release form.
- For all positions within Gaming, Security Services, Property Services and other identified roles, such as selected management and support roles a Casino Special Employee Licence (issued by the Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation) will be required.
- Also required to undertake a credit reference check if they are applying for a licence.
- If candidates have lived overseas for 12 months or more during the past 10 years; a police and credit check from that country is also required.
5. Candidates will be asked if they have ever been the subject of a Withdrawal of Licence, Exclusion Order, Self-Exclusion Order or have otherwise been barred from Crown Melbourne.
6. Candidates will be required to supply documentation evidencing any formal qualifications, certificates or licenses that they hold, which are relevant to the position for which they are applying.
7. Candidates will be required to provide two recent professional referees in support of their application.