Crown Spa beauty tips
They say well defined eyebrows can either add or take years off your face – so while it might be the quintessential first world problem – here are some tips on how to get your eyebrows through lock down.
According to Crown Spa
Director, Emma McGrady, while it might seem daunting (and most of us will probably have a flashback to an over-plucking disaster as a teen) with a more natural eyebrow shape currently in vogue, keeping them in shape is easier than thought. Emma has been working in the spa and leisure industry for over 20 years, holding management positions with companies such as Steiner cruise ships & Hyatt Hotel Group.
First up – it’s about the instruments.
McGrady recommends investing in a decent pair of tweezers that will last and are precise. Readily available online and also in pharmacies, buy the best you can afford to get a pair that will last the distance and won’t compromise on precision.
While no one relishes a close up most mornings, a magnifying mirror makes eyebrow plucking way more precise - and therefore if you can find one online or at a chemist, they are worth it.
WHAT TO DO
- First up – under-pluck. It’s easy to get carried away so go easy, step back from the mirror once you’ve done an area – and reassess.
- Do one brow first. It creates a ‘stencil’ to follow for the other brow.
- Mark it out. Using a concealer pencil or eyeliner – mark out where you want to not pluck and the shape you want to keep. That way you won’t make any mistakes. Simply clean off the markings with some make up remover when you’ve finished.
- Don’t be afraid of scissors. One of the strangest things many people discover is how long an eyebrow can grow! Don’t worry – just snip it. Brush up with a comb and snip any hairs above the brow line.
- Fake it until you make it. With tinting probably out for a little while there are a host of brow gels and brow make up at most supermarkets and pharmacies. Always enhance your existing colour within 1 shade – don’t go for a dramatic colour change.