TERMS & CONDITIONS
Deposit Account Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to a Deposit Account at Crown Melbourne, Crown Perth or Crown Sydney for the purposes of gambling at Crown (“Deposit Account”). Upon execution of this form, or any transaction on your Deposit Account, these Terms and Conditions shall replace any previous terms and conditions applicable to an existing Deposit Account.
2. These Terms and Conditions are at all times subject to the requirements of all applicable laws and/or directions of any regulatory authority.
3. In this document:
a.“You” or “Your” means the person named above;
b. “Crown” means Crown Melbourne and/or Crown Perth and/or Crown Sydney;
c. “Crown’s Bank Account” means a Crown casino Bank Account approved by the relevant regulator, as nominated by Crown;
d. "Crown Melbourne” means Crown Melbourne Limited (ABN 46 006 973 262);
e.“Crown Sydney” means Crown Sydney Gaming Pty Ltd (ABN 166 326 843);
f. “Crown Perth” means Burswood Nominees Limited (ABN 24 078 250 307); and
g. “Your Personal Bank Account” means a personal bank account where You are a single or joint holder.
4. Opening and maintaining a Deposit Account is at Crown’s discretion.
5. A Deposit Account may be opened at Crown Melbourne, Crown Perth and/or Crown Sydney.
6. You must have a Deposit Account at the relevant Crown casino to transact on a deposit account at that Crown casino.
7. If You open a Deposit Account at:
a. Crown Melbourne - a Deposit Account in Your name will also be opened at Crown Perth, but not Crown Sydney; and
b. Crown Perth - a Deposit Account in Your name will also be opened at Crown Melbourne, but not Crown Sydney.
8. To open a Deposit Account at Crown Sydney, You must:
a. first have been granted Crown Sydney VIP Casino Membership;
b. while physically present at Crown Sydney, agree to these Deposit Account Terms and Conditions (even if You already have a Deposit Account at Crown Melbourne and/or Crown Perth); and
c. provide the details of Your Personal Bank Account and such further information as may be required by Crown Sydney for the purpose of verifying that bank account.
9. You must notify Crown of any changes to the details of Your Personal Bank Account at any time.
10. In order to meet its obligations under relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing law in Australia, Crown requires You to provide valid, current, photographic identification documents in a form acceptable to Crown to verify Your identity before creating a Deposit Account.
11. Once a Deposit Account is opened, You must provide current valid photographic identification in a form acceptable to Crown or, if permitted by Crown, Your Crown Rewards Membership Card, to conduct any transaction on Your Deposit Account.
12. Crown may, in its absolute discretion, refuse to accept or facilitate any transaction on a Deposit Account at any time and is not obliged to provide information to You as to the reasons for the refusal.
13. By signing these terms and conditions, You declare that:
a. all information provided is true, complete and correct and acknowledge that it will be relied on by Crown;
b. the underlying activity for which Your Deposit Account is to be used will not breach any law; and
c. You shall comply with all reasonable requests of Crown to provide information or complete documentation in relation to Your Deposit Account.
14.You shall not conduct, or request Crown to conduct, any transaction on your Deposit Account which is not directly related to gambling at a Crown casino. You shall not use a Deposit Account for any other purpose than to fund Your own gambling activities at a Crown casino.
15. You may deposit and withdraw cash or cash equivalents (not EFT) into and from Your Deposit Account only in person at a Crown casino.
16. Crown will accept payments into Crown’s Bank Account by You only if the funds are transferred from Your Personal Bank Account. Crown will require proof of transfer before releasing those funds to Your Deposit Account.
17. Funds deposited into Crown’s Bank Account by You in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be allocated to Your Deposit Account.
18. Crown will not accept payments into Crown’s Bank Account if the funds are:
a. a cash deposit;
b. from a third party;
c. from a money remitter;
d. from a credit account; or
e. not accompanied by sufficient information to Crown’s satisfaction, or where You cannot provide proof of the transfer coming from Your Personal Bank Account.
19. Deposits made into Crown’s Bank Account that have incorrect or incomplete payee details will not be accepted and the funds shall be returned to the originator of the transfer.
20. Crown may place a limit on the maximum amount of funds that can be held in or transferred into Your Deposit Account at any time. To the extent permitted by law and subject to these Terms and Conditions, Crown may:
a. reject any transfer or deposit that could result in Your Deposit Account exceeding the maximum limit; or
b. transfer any funds held in Your Deposit Account exceeding this maximum limit to You in a manner of Crown’s choosing.
21. Deposits from or to third parties, that is, from or to a person other than the Deposit Account holder, into or out of Your Deposit Account will not be accepted by Crown.
22. If Crown identifies a deposit into Your Deposit Account or Crown’s Bank Account that did not originate from You, Crown will return the money to the account from which it originated.
23. Crown may transfer funds from Your Deposit Account in accordance with Your written instructions or these Terms and Conditions to:
a. Your Personal Bank Account; or
b. if approved by Crown, a Deposit Account at another Crown casino held in Your name only.
Crown may request additional information or completion of additional documentation to complete the transfer.
24. Crown may transact on Your Deposit Account in accordance with Your written instructions, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
25. You may close Your Deposit Account by completing any documentation required by Crown.
26. Crown may close Your Deposit Account for any reason or where Crown considers the account to be dormant, including a period of inactivity on Your Deposit Account for more than 180 days. To the extent permitted by law and subject to these Terms and Conditions, upon closure of Your Deposit Account, Crown will transfer any funds remaining in Your Deposit Account to You in a manner of Crown’s choosing.
27. If Your Crown Rewards Membership is cancelled for any reason or You are prohibited from entering any Crown property or casino for any reason, including by issue of an exclusion order, withdrawal of licence, or notice revoking licence, Crown may return any funds remaining in Your Deposit Account to Your Personal Bank Account by electronic funds transfer. You must provide such further information as may be required by Crown for the purpose of facilitating the return of such funds. In the event that Crown is unable to return the funds to Your Personal Bank Account, Crown will deal with those funds in accordance with its policies relating to unclaimed monies.
28. Interest does not accrue on the balance of Your Deposit Account.
29. Crown does not receive or hold funds on trust for You. Your Deposit Account and any transactions on Your Deposit Account do not constitute a trust or agency relationship between you and Crown. 30. Any transactions connected with Your Deposit Account are governed by the laws of the State of Australia in which the transaction takes place.
31. You irrevocably and unconditionally:
a. submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Australia in which the relevant transactions occurred
b. waive any right to object to any proceedings being brought in any Courts, to claim that the proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum or to claim that any of the Courts do not have jurisdiction.
32. You agree that service of any legal process may be effected by Crown posting it to the postal address on this form. This does not exclude any other means of service permitted by the laws of the relevant state of Australia.
33. You indemnify Crown against any claim, action, damage, loss, liability, cost or expense (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which Crown pays, suffers, incurs or is liable for, in respect of:
a. any breach by You of the terms and conditions applying to Your Deposit Account;
b.the dishonour of any cheque deposited by You;
c. the dishonour or reversal of any deposit into Crown’s Bank Account in connection with Your Deposit Account;
d. the enforcement, protection or waiver of, or the attempted enforcement or protection of, any rights or powers of Crown under, or in connection with, Your Deposit Account; and
e. any tax (including goods and services tax), duty, charge, impost, or withholding incurred, payable or deducted by Crown under, or in connection with, Your Deposit Account.
For the purposes of this clause, a reference to “Crown” includes Crown Resorts Limited, Crown Melbourne, Crown Perth and Crown Sydney, any of their related entities, and each of their employees, agents, officers and contractors.
34. If at any time Crown receives or recovers any amount payable by You for any reason and the payment currency is not Australian dollars, You indemnify Crown against any shortfall between the amount payable in Australian dollars and the amount actually received or recovered by Crown after the payment currency is converted into Australian dollars by Crown itself or through its bankers.
35. You authorise Crown, in its sole discretion to apply any and all gaming chips redeemed and/or any funds held in any accounts with any Crown casino towards meeting the amount of any uncleared cheque(s) deposited under any cheque cashing facility with any Crown casino or any amount owed to any Crown casino pursuant to any credit facility or funds advance facility, with the remainder (if any) to be returned to You.
36. You authorise Crown, in its sole discretion, to apply any and all gaming chips redeemed and/or any funds held in any accounts with a Crown casino towards meeting the amount of any bank cheques, drafts, telegraphic transfers or electronic transfers deposited to Your Deposit Account that are subsequently dishonoured by You or an issuing financial institution.
37. The information provided by You in this form is collected by Crown for the purpose of providing You with a Deposit Account and the use of the Deposit Account. Crown ‘uses’ (by collecting, recording, storing, using and disclosing) your personal information and sensitive information (including without limitation Your full name, date of birth, patron ID number, address, image and identification documentation (including without limitation passport)), where required or authorised to do so by an Australian law, in particular, pursuant to the Casino Control Act 1992 (NSW), Casino Control Act 1984 (WA), Casino Control Act 1991 (Vic) and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), and for identification, security, probity, access, safety, and customer service purposes. Crown collects from and discloses your personal information (including sensitive information, which may include criminal records) to third parties including: banks, credit agencies and related services providers; third parties in order to undertake identification, security and probity checks which may include digital identification document verification, politically exposed persons checks, sanctioned persons checks, criminal checks and adverse media checks; government agencies and regulators as part of our statutory obligations; Crown’s associated entities; any third parties that provide services to Crown; and overseas recipients. If you do not agree to the ‘use’ of this information, Crown may not be able to provide You with a Deposit Account or facilitate You conducting transactions on that Deposit Account.
38. Crown’s privacy policies can be accessed at www.crownmelbourne.com.au for Crown Melbourne, www.crownperth.com.au for Crown Perth and www.crownsydney.com.au for Crown Sydney. The Privacy Policies contain information about how You may access, seek correction of Your personal information and complain about a privacy breach by Crown. You may contact Crown Melbourne at email@example.com, Crown Perth at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Crown Sydney at email@example.com.
39. Crown reserves the right to waive any of these Terms and Conditions, in its sole and absolute discretion.
40. Crown may vary any of these Terms and Conditions and will notify You of any change as soon as reasonably practicable by email to the address notified to Crown by You (if any). Copies of the updated Terms and Conditions will be made available at the Cage.
41. You should be aware that:
a. transactions may be delayed, blocked, frozen or refused where Crown has reasonable grounds to believe that the transaction has or may breach Australian law or the law of another country. Where transactions are delayed, blocked, frozen or refused, Crown is not liable for any loss You suffer (including consequential loss) howsoever caused;
b. Crown may from time to time require additional information from You in relation to Your Deposit Account;
c. where legally obliged to, Crown will disclose information to regulatory and / or law enforcement agencies, related parties, service providers or other casinos.
42. You must ensure Your contact details linked to Your Deposit Account are kept up to date at all times by notifying a Crown staff member at Cage of any changes.
43. If You have a complaint or query regarding Your Deposit Account please visit any Cage at a Crown property. Alternatively, You can make contact via the Crown website relating to the property where Your account is held.